The Small Boat Fleet is available to all members in good standing upon on the water certification of basic boat handling skills and passing a written examination. After certification, Flag Members may reserve and use one of the fleet boats at no additional cost while other members may purchase a Small Boat Fleet Pass in advance. Boats are available to certified members on an unlimited first come, first serve reservation basis.
* Designated Sabots stored on the Dinghy Rack on the 1600 dock
* Two Lasers located on the dinghy platform. These are exciting single person boats
* Two Club FJ 2-person dinghies on Dinghy Row. These are a 14 foot two person boat with spinnakers
* One Cal 20 keel boat - Pandora. This is a stable yet responsive boat suitable for up to four people
* Two Capri 22 keel boats - Wayne's World and Star World. These nearly identical boats are responsive and can be sailed by two but also accommodate six or more people
The fee for first time certification is $50, certifications are done on an appointment basis. Once certification has been obtained, non-Flag Members will be able to purchase a “Pass”. A Full Season Pass is $240, a High Season (June - August) Pass is $210 and a Daily Pass is $65.
To arrange an appointment, simply contact us using the form below.
The Club FJs, Lasers, Cal 20 and the Capri 22's are primarily intended for use by our members who have been certified in their use. In addition, they all may be used in approved races. The Club FJs and Lasers are used in the junior program and their use may be limited when the boats are in use by the juniors. Boats may be used for advanced racing and cruising instruction, in the Junior program and/or for Adult Sailing Instruction. Members are responsible for any damage to the boats other than normal wear and tear.